How I Work With You
“It is more important to know what kind of person has a disease than to know what kind of disease a person has.”
There are many health issues, nutritional deficiencies and imbalances that can be addressed through a comprehensive nutritional consultation. If this is your first time seeking professional assistance with your diet, please take a few minutes to read through my web site, especially Frequently Asked Questions and Business Policies for additional information.
Here’s how we’ll work together!
Step #1 – Email me to schedule a consultation
I want to hear from you!
To encourage your interest in looking at nutritional solutions, I offer a one-time, free 15-minute consultation to get to know you and make sure we are a good fit. If we agree, we can schedule your initial consultation at this time.
In the email, tell me why you are considering changes to your diet. Based on the information you provide, I will describe the process that is appropriate for you, we’ll discuss your commitment level and from there determine how to proceed.
Step #2 – Complete client intake forms
If it makes sense to schedule an initial consultation, I will email you available dates/times as well as forms to complete and return via email or regular mail. Although not mandatory, if you have copies of lab work or other test results, please include copies with your completed forms. All paperwork must be received at least 2 to 3 days before your scheduled appointment in order for me to have time to properly prepare.
Step #3 – Choose type of appointment.
You can choose from:
- Individual, initial consultation (usually 1-1/2 to 2 hours)
- 30 to 60 minute Q & A Educational Session
- Prepaid package of appointments
Step #4 – What to expect during your initial consultation.
- Most of my consultations are conducted by phone or Skype. Prior to your appointment, I will analyze and evaluate the information you provided and prepare my preliminary recommendations.
- During your appointment we will review your paperwork and information, discuss details about your past and current diet, health history and current symptoms.
- We will also review in detail my recommendations for you, which will include dietary, lifestyle, detoxification and supplementation. Because most people are nutrient deficient, especially those dealing with chronic health issues, supplement recommendations are a regular part of my practice. I will help guide you on finding appropriate, cost-effective sources to purchase supplements, as well as quality, organic foods. (Supplements are not included in consultation fees).
- Please allow 1-1/2 to 2 hours for your initial consultation.
- I think you will find your first appointment to be comprehensive and will leave you feeling motivated, determined and confident that you are now on the right path toward revitalized health.
Step #5 – Follow-Up
All follow-up sessions are scheduled at the discretion of the client. Most clients require 2-4 sessions following the initial consultation. More serious or chronic health issues usually require considerably longer, and are managed on a case-by-case basis. During follow-up sessions, we will carefully review details of your health status, symptoms, and review your diet. Dietary and supplement adjustments will be made at this time as needed.
Step #6 – Long-term Care Considerations
Depending on the complexity of your health issues and other individual circumstances, you should expect to follow a schedule of 1 session every 4 to 6 weeks following the initial consultation for about 3 to 6 months, and decrease in frequency thereafter. Auto-immune diseases, cancer and other chronic conditions are more involved and usually require more appointments, with a longer time line required for improvement and healing.
My goal is to help educate my clients on how to manage their own health effectively and responsibly, and eliminate the need for intensive, long-term counseling.
If you need more information on how we can work together, please contact me via email with your questions and I’ll be happy to respond.
The information on on this website should not be considered medical advice and is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any conditions, physical or otherwise. Information provided on this website has not been reviewed or approved by any federal, state, or local agency or healthcare group. Opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not represent any particular individual or professional group. Please review Business Policies and Privacy Disclosure / Disclaimer